Step Bi Step
Posts Tagged MS Word
Invalid look-up value. A look-up field contains invalid data. Please check the value and try again – SharePoint 2010
Posted by Rajanihanth in MetaData, SharePoint 2007, SharePoint 2010 on July 10, 2012
One of my colleagues asked me to check an error message while uploading a word document to the document library in SharePoint 2010 today. I just looked at the message, it so wired and I haven’t seen before. Actually I am not a SharePoint admin but.. 😉
Here is the error:
“Invalid lookup-value. A look-up field contains invalid data. Please check the value and try again”
After spending few minutes I have got some idea about this problem, actually my colleague was trying to upload the document which was downloaded from another SharePoint (2007) environment and it has all the previous “Document Server Properties” (ie. Metadata columns). Here are the possible other inspections for this error.
To solve this issue, just click the Document Inspector and remove all inspected properties of the document and upload again. You can find the steps for the 97-2003 Word document here. I am going to show you the steps for 2010 word document (.docx).
Please Note these two points from MSDN:
- If you remove hidden content from your document, you might not be able to restore it by clicking Undo.
- If you want to remove hidden data and personal information from documents you save in the OpenDocument Text (.odt) format, you must run the Document Inspector every time you save the document in this format.
Step 1: Open the document and click File –> Info
Step 2: Click Check for Issues drop down in the middle pane and choose Inspect Document
Step 3: You will get the following window and Click Inspect button (if you want to remove only the “Document Server Properties” then just click the option only)
Step 4: You will see all the inspection results on the window and then click Remove All on the right side & Close.
After this, you will be able to upload the document. That’s all guys, Happy uploading..!
This is a very quick post, if you find any issues just let me know. 🙂 Thanks. R./
.doc, .docx, document server, Invalid look-up value, Metadata, MS Word, office microsoft, server properties, SharePoint 2007, SharePoint 2010
- TF255507: The security identifier (SID) for the following SQL Server login conflicts with a specified domain or workgroup account
- Installing Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010-Basic Configuration Step By Step
- The control tree into which viewstate is being loaded must match the control tree that was used to save viewstate during the previous request.
- 2012 in Review!
- Getting started with Windows 8 Metro Style Application using C# – Visual Studio 2012
- .Net (23)
- Active Directory (4)
- ASP.Net (1)
- BDC (5)
- C# (5)
- Client Object model (3)
- Crystal Reports (1)
- DirectoryServices (3)
- Excel Services (3)
- GAC (1)
- InfoPath 2007 (5)
- InfoPath 2010 (4)
- MetaData (1)
- SharePoint 2007 (19)
- SharePoint 2010 (10)
- Silverlight (2)
- SQL Server (9)
- SSRS (3)
- STSADM (2)
- Tech Tips-.Net (4)
- Tech Tips-SharePoint (1)
- Tech Tips-SQL (2)
- TFS (3)
- TFS 2010 (3)
- TFS 2012 (1)
- Uncategorized (1)
- VB.Net (1)
- Versus (vs) (2)
- Visual Studio 2012 (3)
- VSTA (3)
- Webpart (8)
- Windows 8 (3)
- WSP Builder (4)
- XAML (1)
Labels.Net Active Directory BDC C# Client Object model Crystal Reports DirectoryServices Excel Services GAC InfoPath 2007 InfoPath 2010 MetaData SharePoint 2007 SharePoint 2010 Silverlight SQL Server SSRS STSADM Tech Tips-.Net Tech Tips-SharePoint Tech Tips-SQL TFS TFS 2010 Uncategorized Versus (vs) Visual Studio 2012 VSTA Webpart Windows 8 WSP Builder
March 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31