Posts Tagged Excel Services Settings
You do not have permissions to open this file on Excel Services OR Excel cannot load the workbook that you requested –SharePoint 2007
Posted by Rajanihanth in Excel Services, SharePoint 2007 on February 23, 2012
One of my colleagues sent an error message while using the development site of SharePoint 2007 in my office and I figured out the configuration of “Excel Calculation Services” was not done properly. It’s a very simple set-up, here we go:
1. Make sure that “Excel Services” (Actually “Excel Calculation Services”) is running. To check this out please do the following steps:
Central Administration –> Operations under “Topology and Services” click “Services on server”
On the table below we can see the “Excel Calculation Services” is started. So it’s running 🙂
2. Make sure that, file access method of “Excel Services Settings” is using “Process Account”, instead of the Impersonation. To do this, follow these steps:
Go to Central Administration –> Home
On the left menu, under “Shared Services Administration” Select your “Shared Services” (for me SharedServices2 but default SharedServices1)
Under “Excel Services Settings” click the “Edit Excel Services Settings”
Change the file access method to “Process Account”.
3. Finally make the following changes on the Trusted file locations under “Excel Services Settings”. Here are the steps:
Go to the “Shared Services” under “Excel Services Settings” click the ”Trusted file locations”.
You will be navigating to the “Excel Services Trusted File Locations“ page. Then click “Add Trusted File Location”.
In the Location pane, do the following:
– Address: In this field we can enter a Document library or full portal Url (I have given Document library path). Please note: Don’t use like http://server:1010/documentlibrary1/forms/default.aspx instead of http://server:1010/documentlibrary1
– Location Type: For this field we have to select the “Windows SharePoint Services” option
– Trust Children: Ensure whether we need to be trusted the child libraries or directories, here I selected “Children Trusted”
Then click OK, that’s all! It is working huh! 🙂