SharePoint search is not working, after moving the sites and the databases to the new servers

Recently we have moved our SharePoint intranet environment (MOSS 2007 and SQL 2005) to the new servers (Medium farm) because of the performance related issues. After moving the databases and sites, our team was doing some testing. I was trying to search a document and I didn’t get any results even we have done search setup and crawling already. 😦

One of my friends, who sent me this useful link which suggests the reliable search deployment! After configuring few additional set-ups including some Regedit (Windows Registry) modification, the search is working perfectly. YaY!

References:

1. http://blogs.msdn.com/b/agazzeri/archive/2009/04/16/sharepoint-server-2007-10-suggestions-for-a-reliable-low-latency-search-deployment.aspx

Advertisements

, , , , ,

  1. Leave a comment

Please leave a reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: